Born and based in Devon, Mark Dowen has been retailing and manufacturing sofabeds and mattresses for over 30 years. Trained in design, he spent many years participating in International Furniture Shows inspiring his talent for inventing new products. With his successful wholesale and retail mattress company going from strength to strength, Mark has spent the last five years developing new products which are kind to the environment and human health. He has become an expert in developing chemical free fabrics, and developed the revolutionary Cottonsafe® in 2015. He has also completed research with Central Lancaster University for the Fire Brigade and advised the government about fire regulations.
Our Philosophy –
- We are different to all other UK manufacturers in the mattress market.
- We are passionate about people’s health and the environment and want to give them peace of mind and work within the law.
- We are totally honest about our products and are committed to ethical business.
- We want to educate the public and provide information so you can make an informed choice.
- We treat our customers with respect and want to keep them safe.
- We are NOT anti man-made fibres in our bed mattresses but we only use polyester as it is tried and tested with a low carbon footprint. Also, because of its low off-gassing it is cleared by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) for use in organic mattresses. Polyester is also the perfect choice, especially when mixed with cotton, for people who care about not using animal fibres.
- We believe that everyone should be able to afford to sleep safely – so our bed mattresses are not silly expensive prices – we don’t want to be exclusive.
- We only produce top quality bespoke products, made to last using luxury fillings for our futons and mattresses for ultimate comfort.
- We will offer a brilliant superfast service from order to delivery and after sales care.
- We never stand still and we are always looking to creatively improve, develop and grow our products